I am a visual journalist from Bogotá, Colombia, who has been living in the U.S. for the past seven years.
In 2012 I graduated from Duke University where I majored in cultural anthropology, and four years later I got a master's in Media and Journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
I'm currently based in Miami working as a video journalist for Univision Noticias. In my day to day work I produce visual content individually and as part of large teams. I'm involved in all aspects of visual production–from the research stages to the most intricate details of editing and post-production.
Most of the stories I work on deal with questions of migration and human mobility– topics that interest me profoundly.
Get in touch at email@example.com
Awards & Recognition
- POYi, Multimedia Photographer of the Year, Bronze
- POYi, Multimedia News & Issue Reporting Story, Bronze, "Scars that Shield"
- Atlanta Photojournalism Seminar, Long Term Documentary Project, Second Place, "Scars that Shield"
- IWMF, Adelante Fellow, El Salvador and Guatemala
- PBS Reel South Short Film Award, "La Comida de los Cocineros"
- Indie Grits Film Festival Official Selection, "La Comida de los Cocineros"
- CPOY, Large Group Multimedia Project, Gold, "Divided by the Sea"
- Association of Food Journalists, Multimedia Award, First Place, "La Comida de los Cocineros"
- New York Times Lens Blog Portfolio Review